The Old Town Hall
The Old Town Hall
Near Nonthaburi Pier it has a large two-story wooden building, a distinctive form of architecture in Europe. Although the time is past for generations to come, still full of charm and beauty that can attract tourists to come visit.
This building was built in 1910, in the period of King Chulalongkorn, the reign 5, which is intended to be a law school but had some obstacles. Next year, it was opened as a school Rajawitayalai according to the model of King’s College, England. Cause of the global economic downturn, after end of the reign 6 in 1925, the Rajawitayalai school had been opened only 14 year that was abolished to combined with the Mahadlekluang school, which the later it is the Vajiravudh College. This building was deserted for a while and after that it became the Town Hall of Nonthaburi in year 1928 – 1992. Next time, the ministry of interior has requested to use it for the Mahadthai College as for 16 years. Later in the year 2009, Nonthaburi municipality has hired a private company to operate the building front to be the “The Museum of Nonthaburi”, which recounts the story of the people and the province.
There are two floors of exhibit space; the ground floor is divided into various rooms, that tells the history of this building in the form of model building and exhibition labels including the history and old photos, the history of the city, and important people of the province; the upper floor is a room for pottery in different areas of the city, since the process of making including to the pottery trade routes in the past, which Ko Kret is an important source. Nowadays, the Old Town Hall building painted with light blue color, Doors and windows are painted with eggs color, corrugated roof tiles, ornamental work by fine wood carving, and the front of the building as a place of rest to watch the river.